Making the Most of Every Game
There are many ways in which you can help ensure a meaningful experience for your chld:
- Make sure your child arrives on time to practices and games.
- During games, allow the coach to correct player mistakes. A player should learn to listen and respond to the coach during play. Instructions coming from the spectators can confuse the players.
- Cheer for both teams. This gives each player twice the affirmation!
- Support the volunteer referee with positive comments only. Express your grattitude and grace as they are giving their time to your child.
- After the game, join your child's team and cheer for each player as they receive their game-day stars.
- After each practice, ask your child about the practice devotion and Scripture that was shared with him/her.
- Find positive actions that took place during practices and games that you can praise your child for.